Welcome to St. Kevin's Ballycoog National School
Ballycoog N.S. is a small Catholic, co-educational school that aspires to be a place of openness and acceptance, where children will be supported and guided as they grow physically, intellectually, emotionally and spiritually. Our school is situated on beautiful grounds in picturesque Ballycoog in the parish of Avoca, Co.Wicklow, just 5 minutes from Woodenbridge.
Due to the very favourable teacher/pupil ratio, our students benefit from lots of personal attention and a warm, familial environment.
The pupils learning is enhanced by using interactive whiteboards, laptops, iPads, educational apps and websites and a variety of on-line learning platforms including Seesaw and Class Dojo.
Learning Support and Resource Teaching
Support is provided to students with additional needs, by our dedicated Learning Support teacher, in small group settings and through in-class team teaching.
The school offers a wide range of educational and sporting activities including:
- Music Generation
- Gaelic games
- Rugby coaching
- Green and Active School initiatives
- Food Dudes healthy eating programme
- First Aid training and lots more!
Our extensive grounds include the following:
- 200m walking track
- playing pitch with goals
- spacious yard with goal and basketball hoop
- playground with tree-house, slides, climbing frame, net swing and regular swing
- orchard area with polytunnel and raised beds
- wild flower garden
- picnic bench and covered outside seating areas.